Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A White Christmas to Remember

We loaded up the family station wagon (well SUV) and headed to Bama for Christmas on Friday. I wish I had taken a picture of how much “stuff” we had packed in the car. You would think we were a family of 5. I would have taken a pic, but would have been too embarrassed to post b/c it is only the two of us, plus a dog (and a little dog at that). We will definitely have to learn to be more efficient packers whenever the Pope family expands. We enjoyed three nights and four days of R&R and spending time w/ family and friends. I always feel I can TRULY RELAX when I’m at my parents. I actually become quite lazy when I’m there. When I’m at my own home I always feel I should be cleaning, doing laundry or something productive.

Some of the highlights of Christmas weekend included:
~Christmas Eve w/ Jason’s family
~Christmas Day w/ my family ~ we were thankful to have my Grandma from Montgomery visiting for the entire weekend!!
~Our annual trip to the movies on Christmas Day (saw Little Fockers…..not as good as the first, but pretty funny)
~Church and lunch w/ my parents, the Griffiths & Chandlers to our favorite…China Luck….nothing says Christmas better than Egg Rolls (haha)
~Lots of coffee drinking, cookie eating and Scrabble playing….yes I scored 60 points with the word “QUESTION”…had to brag Jason..LOL!
~2nd Day after Christmas shopping in Bham and lunch at Zoes…oh how I miss Bham :(

It was a wonderful weekend and I really hated to see it come to an end. I’m really lacking on my picture taking right now and will try to do better in 2011. Like I said, I become really lazy when I’m home. However, the big highlight of Christmas Day, was our WHITE CHRISTMAS!! It began snowing around 10:00 on Christmas morning and never seemed to stop. The Oxford/Anniston area received about 3 inches of snow. I did manage to take a few pics of the snow. Hope everyone enjoyed their holidays as much as we did!!



Watching the beginning of the snow around 10:00

My parents house on Christmas Day

Their street...as you can see the snow continues to fall.

Backyard snow


Thought these trees were beautiful in their neighbors yard.

Family shot on Christmas...Radley hated the snow.


Radley trying to get out of the snow-ha!

Lots of snow collected on Jason's car and continued to fly off driving down 1-20 on Monday (about scared me to death)


Mom's bunny in their flower bed

Hope the rose bushes hold up!


Grandma staying warm in the house

Mom is happy- coffee maker and a Kindle!!

Excuse all these no make up shots (haha). Jason makes fun of my love for fur collars, so my parents got this sweater for me...LOL!

Gotta get geared up for Glendale :)

More Auburn gear!!
Now we are ready for Glendale!! Merry Christmas and War Eagle!!


2 comments:

  1. love the new ride...guess you had to trade in the jeep after i demolished it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haylea...Jason actually got the Tahoea about a month after the Commander got fix. Not b/c you demolished it though, just coincidence...poor Jeep :( I'm a sweet wife I drive the paid for Camry and let Jason ride in style (haha)!!

    ReplyDelete