Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Decorative December

To kick off the month of December, I decided to post a few pics of our Christmas decorations. This post is primarily for my mother and mother-in-law. They as well love decorating for the Christmas season and have been eager to see our decorations. So here is the post you've been asking for. Jason and I are looking forward to their visits this holiday season when they can see everything in person. Happy Holidays to our families...we especially miss you all this time of year.

When we recall Christmas past, we usually find that the simplest things -- not the great occasions -- give off the greatest glow of happiness. - Bob Hope

Keeping Room Christmas tree--the bow is still hanging in there after 3 years and a move

Keeping Room Mantle- the beautiful wreath was one of our wedding gifts from Jason's mother. I now have something covering that ugly power cord.

Making use of my Christmas China....when other 15 year old girls were asking for clothes for Christmas, I was asking for Christmas China....strange I know. I've always loved China and started collecting my Christmas China at a young age.
Hope to soon add some beautiful flowers to the center of the table


Christmas ornaments just aren't for trees :)

More China and Santa in his sleigh

The newest Christmas Tree and my $8 Reindeer (love Design World)

Still have more to add to this tree (like a topper). I'll be making a trip to Design World in Alabama this weekend. If you're ever near one, you must go!!

The stockings are all hung (even Radley's)!

We're trying to diet, so no sweets on my Lenox candy dish, just ornaments :(

Now we need a piano player to come over and play some holiday tunes!!


Burton Hillis, Better Homes and Gardens
~The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other. ~

No comments:

Post a Comment