Friday, December 24, 2010

Lets remember Jesus all year...

I found this great devotional today and wanted to share. Our preacher in Montgomery shared a message very similar last Christmas. It is wonderful to celebrate the birth of our Saviour and to participate in all the wonderful acts of kindess that Christmas brings, but lets continue it throughout the year and NOT just at Christmas. Merry Christmas to all!!

Don't Put Jesus in a Box....

“I will extol Thee, my God, O King; And I will bless Thy name forever and ever. Everyday I will bless Thee, and I will praise Thy name forever and ever. Great is the LORD, and highly to be praised; and His greatness is unsearchable. One generation shall praise Thy works to another, and shall declare Thy mighty acts. On the glorious splendor of Thy majesty, and on Thy wonderful works, I will meditate.” Psalm 145:1-5

When do you take down your Christmas tree and decorations? For many, it all comes down this week. We pack them all up and we put Christmas back in the box.

I don’t like packing Christmas away for another year. But I also don’t like keeping Jesus as a baby and in a box.

Yes, there is something simple about the birth of Jesus. We think of this story and it somehow feels safe and warm. Visualizing Him as helpless and small makes Him easy to be controlled. I don’t need to deal with His majesty and power.

Jesus doesn’t want to remain a baby in our lives, nor does He want to be put into a box. He grew up and delights in being the God we can trust and follow through every circumstance of our lives. He came to be our Savior and He desires for all of us to see His majesty and awesome power, to fall to our knees and worship Him as our Lord.

Each year I like to keep one Christmas decoration or ornament out of the box and place it somewhere where I least expect it as a reminder to myself to not put Jesus in a box. But to see Him for Who He truly is, our Savior and Lord.

1 comment:

  1. what a great message and so true! i hope you all had a wonderful christmas and i hope to see you in 2011. its been to long.

    ReplyDelete