Sunday, December 19, 2010

Hectic Holidays!!

It seems like Christmas has snuck up on Jason and I this year. Football season consumed so much of the fall and then the SEC game came on 12/4. Before we knew it...the holidays were here!! Life has been so busy the past few weeks; I have failed to take any pics of all our fun Christmas events (except the tacky sweater party from the last night). This New Year's Eve will officially mark 1 year we've been in MS. Time really does fly!! Jason actually has been here since Nov 30th and lived in a B&B in town before we moved in our house on Dec. 31st. I'll admit the weekend we moved here (although excited about our new town and Jason's opportunity) I was soooo NERVOUS/ANXIOUS!! I had never lived or moved anywhere that I absoulutley knew NO one!! Well, the good thing about small towns is most people already know who you are before you even meet them. We have been extremely blessed to make some sweet friends. Kosciusko is very fortunate to have so many wonderful young couples come back home after college and settle here. I think it says a lot about the HEART and PRIDE of this town when so many natives chose to make this their home. So enough of my rambling...here are some of the highlights of our past few weeks...sorry not one single pic!!

~Prayer Group Christmas Party - always enjoy our Thursday meetings with these wonderful couples :)

~Christmas Parade- yes I got to be in it (haha). I'm in The Cosmopolitan Club (women's service club) and the new members are responsible for making the float and riding in it. It was quite humorous. One 1/2 of the lights quit working and I did my best to hide in the back of the float. My plan didn't work b/c my face was on the front page of the Life Section of the weekly paper from the parade. So much for trying to hide :)

~Ornament Swap at my house- I hosted a swap for some of the sweet girls I've met here. Some I've known since we've moved and others I've just met recently. It was lots of fun and I hope to make it an annual event

~Tacky Christmas Party at the Golf Course- this was absolutley hilarious- nuff said!!

~Weekend visit from my parents- we enjoyed having a low key weekend with my Mom & Dad last weekend and watching Cam win the Heisman!!

~Cosmo Christmas Dinner at Uncle Big Allen's- yes my city slicker friends....Uncle Big Allen's restaurant used to be in a gas station...like everything else in this town. Food was great and decor was lovely. You can do a lot with old gas stations!!

~Last minute Christmas shopping...yes Jason and I did ALL of our Christmas shopping this weekend in Jackson. We made it to Dogwood, Northpark Mall, Bass Pro & Highland Village in one weekend. We actually went back today to finish up and to eat at Amerigo (haha). I'll never wait this late again....too much stress!!

So as you can see, it has been a very hectic last few weeks, but I've loved every minute of it!! This holiday season has reminded Jason and I how blessed we are. We're so thankful for our new town, friends-old & new, family, jobs, home, etc...

I'm looking forward to Christmas Bunko this week and then heading to Bama to spend Christmas weekend with our family :)

Merry Christmas to all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment