Thursday, June 2, 2011

My Green Thumb :)

I really don't have much of a green thumb, but I'm really trying. Most of the plants (in planters) we inherited w/ the house did not survive the cold winter, so we've been working on replacing most of them. There is still much work to be done!! I'm usually one that does everything all at once, but w/ this house I'm trying to take things one step at a time.




Jason added #'s to the door frame and of course the good ole Red White and Blue!! Next step- get those bricks pressure washed!! I had the fern on the other side of house, but it was getting too much sun. I'm trying to nurse it back to health!!




Found this great ivy at Lowe's and it is really doing well!! Growing lots!!



More ivy for the other planter




added some flowers to the middle of this planter....promise they look better in person



Our poor shrub by our front door had died, so we finally replaced it. This is when Jason taught me the difference b/w potting soil and top soil. Yes, I didn't know there was a difference.




This beautiful planter was holding an old dead ugly shrub recently. However, we found it's alive twin at Lowe's and replaced it. I can't remember the exact name of it. We hope to eventually have new landscaping w/ new flowers & mulch in our circle.



There still looks like there are tons of magnolia leaves on the ground, but I actually raked 3 huge piles from under this tree. We discovered we had a small brick retaining wall. Always finding something new :)



Another plant, that I have not a clue what the name is, but just glad a LIVE one is now by our door.






Sad to say, but we had not clue what this planter looked like. Our ivy had grown up around it. We cut it back, found a new planter and much more space in our courtyard!!





Next step for the outside is a new deck (gotta sell that other house), maybe a new grill...would love full outdoor kitchen (maybe on down the road), mulch, and flowers for our front circle. For now I'm happy with what we've accomplished!!


HAPPY PLANTING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment