Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Happy Father's Day!!

Jason and I are both very blessed to have wonderful fathers. We both enjoyed some quality time with them this past weekend. I wish I could write a poem this sweet, but since I'm not a poet, I'll share the one below I read recently. If only everyone were lucky enough to have the role models we had growing up the world would be a much better place. Happy (late) Father's Day!!

My hero is the quiet type,
No marching bands, no media hype,
But through my eyes it's plain to see,
A hero, God has sent to me.
With gentle strength and quiet pride,
All self-concern is set aside,
To reach out to his fellow man,
And be there with a helping hand.

Heroes are a rarity,
A blessing to humanity.
With all they give and all they do,
I'll bet the thing you never knew,
My hero has always been you





No comments:

Post a Comment