Tuesday, May 31, 2011

BAD BLOGGER & MEMORIAL DAY

So it seems my blog post have been less and less the past few months. I just can't seem to get into it, but I'm going to make an effort to take more pics and update the blog more often. I'm sure when I have children I will be more of a photographer, but I rather enjoy what I'm doing than take a thousand pics of a vacation, party, event, etc. I often wonder how people on facebook that have 200 pics of one party actually had time to enjoy the event.....haha.

I know it seems we're on the go A LOT, but we actually have been in MS the past few weekends. We have caught up on much needed yard work. The previous owners left lots of beautiful planters for us, so we've been busy planting new flowers and plants in all of them. I do need to take a picture so I can prove that I do have a little bit of green thumb. Beside all of the yard work, we've managed to hang out w/our sweet MS friends and of course make our once a weekend trip to Starkville or Jackson. I'm not sure if I can go an entire weekend here w/out going there.

As much as we are on the go...believe or not...we had actually only been back home to Oxford, AL (where our parents live) only twice this year. Those visits were both so rushed b/c we got there late Friday night and were on the road by Sunday afternoon, so we really haven't had time to just enjoy a weekend at home. So we decided this Memorial Day to use our time off and enjoy a nice long relaxing weekend at home. We took Friday off too, which made for a nice 4 day weekend.

Although I pretty much have no pics :( to document our weekend, I will post a few. So here is the rundown of what we did.... We were able to spend time w/ our parents, had a fun dinner w/our friends Jeremy & Britney. We also finally got to time to see their new house they are renovating...which looks amazing!! Went on a 28 mile bike ride w/ my parents to the GA line on The Chief Ladiga Trail. I got a much needed mani/pedi w/ my mom!! I was finally able to meet a dear childhood friend's daughter at church (after 3 years) They live in Memphis and we're hoping to catch a Redbirds game w/ them soon. Spent Sunday afternoon/night in Atlanta w/ my college friend, Jennifer Harris. Had fun hanging out at Taco Mac and watched the Braves beat the Reds. Slept late, ate a lot, did some shopping and the list could go on.

Even though we had 4 days back home, there still didn't seem to be enough time for everything, but we enjoyed the time we had there. I would love for us to be closer, but thankful we can visit as much as we do :)


We finished the 2nd portion of the AL trail on this trip home. We started in Piedmont and finished on the GA line. We are ready to start working on the GA portion of the trail, which is called "The Silver Comet". My friend Jennifer is actually moving to Vinings (where the trail ends outside of ATL) so she said we can come jump in her pool when we're finished.


Some of the beautiful scenery of NE Alabama. I never realized growing up how beautiful it really is.


We made it to this point above. The Silver Comet begins the GA portion of the trail.



Best wings in ATL!!! Had a great time hanging out at Taco Mac in Midtown before the Braves game.

Unfortunately the only picture Jen and I took we weren't looking the same way. While I shared stories of wild hog sightings on the Trace in MS....Jennifer shared stories about her recent trip to Barbados to help design (she's an interior designer in ATL) a new hotel. We're definitely living different lives right now, but glad for the moments we have to catch up. I told her she better invite me to the grand opening :)


Love Turner Field!! Growing up 90 miles from ATL, Jason and I both have fond memories of many Braves games.


Gotta love the $20 cheap seats....still a pretty good view.


Love a Braves game at night, especially when they win!!


Ending to a great weekend. Happy Memorial Day!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment