Wednesday, May 11, 2011

HAPPY TRAILS FOR US!!

Since we went home this weekend for Mother’s Day, it was the perfect time to take advantage of The Chief Ladiga Trail. Jason got a new road bike for his b-day recently. After my dad biked with us and saw how fast Jason rode, he realized there was no way I could keep up on my “comfort bike”. So my parents gave me an early b-day gift, the female version of Jason’s road bike. It will fly and I’m not sure if I could ever go back to my old bike. We love biking The Natchez Trace, but it was so nice to be on a trail with NO OTHER vehicles. NE Alabama is beautiful as well and I loved being back there. Jason, Dad, and I ended up biking 40 miles on Saturday!! I never thought I could go that far, but it was surprisingly easy (the trail is pretty flat- it is built over an old railroad). We ended our day by all eating at Mellow Mushroom in Oxford that evening...and I will tell you, a calzone never tasted so good!! We’re hooked on The Chief Ladiga and a trip home may be in our future sooner than we thought!!!


Ready to Ride!! The weather was perfect :)


Our 1st stop was in Jacksonville. The trail cuts directly through the campus of JSU.


Thank you Dad for our bikes!! He actually was the 1st biker in the family. He and mom ride The Chief Ladiga any chance they can.




We made it to Piedmont (about 20 miles from our starting point) and turned around. They had a great welcome center in town/on the trail.


The trail actually crosses into GA (about another 15 miles from Piedmont) and goes all the way to Smyrna, GA. Of course Jason is ready to ride all 95 miles of it. I'm hoping just to make it to the GA line next time.


If you're looking for a new hobby, we would highly suggest biking. Of course it isn't as easy as it looks, but it is so much fun and a great activity. We're still running as well, but are really enjoying our new bikes. Now, if we were just strong swimmers, we could do a triathlon- yeah right!!

No comments:

Post a Comment