Sunday, May 1, 2011

DOUBLE DECKER WEEKEND


Of course being an Auburn grad I love everything about the town of Auburn. But I must say Oxford, MS runs a close 2nd to being the greatest college town ever!!! I always loved going to games at Ole Miss and even thought of going there in high school. I never thought we would live in MS, but here we are and it just happens that some of our great friends here are Ole Miss grads. We joined the Hawkins, Warrington's and Pettit families this weekend in Oxford to enjoy all the festivities of the Double Decker Art Festival. The Pettit's were gracious to enough to host all of us at their condo. We jump at any chance to experience Oxford. It is such a great place to spend a relaxing weekend with friends!!

Jason and I along with Whitney's friend Meredith from Memphis ran the 5K on Saturday morning. Actually Meredith did the 10K (she is 20 weeks pregnant) and wore this adorable shirt that said Babies 1st 10K and on the back it said "you just got passed by a pregnant woman". I wished I had gotten a picture. She did great and definitely gave me motivation to keep running.


It was the perfect weather for running. We finished in our best times yet!! Our official times were 29:03 for Jason and 34:51 for me. I was a little discouraged after our Memphis race, but this race gave me the motivation to keep running and hopefully shoot for a 10K eventually. It is such a sense of accomplishment when you run across the the finish line!!!



Whitney and Rachel were so sweet to cheer us on!! They made signs for all of us and cheered us on at the 1 mile mark and the finish line. Whitney actually is the one who encouraged me to start running. She is a fabulous runner :) Rachel also did her first 5K in Oxford a few weeks back :)




We parked near this yard and I had to take a picture of this peace sign carved out of wood. I would have loved to get a closer look at this amazing piece of wood work.


After the race (and a shower) we headed to the sqaure to enjoy a wonderful lunch at AJAX. It was my first time to eat here, but definitely won't be last. The Tuohy family from The Blidside was eating there as well. We did not stare or ask for autographs :)


After lunch and spending the afternoon shopping and "looking" at great art (wish I could afford some the pieces) we enjoyed some dowtime at the condo. We then headed to the square again to listen to North Mississippi All Stars.


JJ, me and Whitney....I didn't get the memo to wear purple!!


Enjoying the band and people watching!!



Unfortunately the weekend came to an end too soon :( We made a stop at Big Bad Breakfast and loaded up on some more good food before we left town....can you tell we like the eat...hence why we have to run :(


If I can't live near my beloved Auburn, I'm thankful that I can live near a town like Oxford :) Thank for you Hart & Whitney for a great weekend and for sharing your beloved Oxford with us :)

No comments:

Post a Comment