Sunday, September 12, 2010

We do make memories in MS too!!

It seems like so many of my recent posts are all about memories and events outside the state of MS. Which is funny since my blog title is "Making Memories in MS". With football season starting we will be finding ourselves in Auburn a lot. This summer we seemed to keep the road hot with weddings, showers and vacations. I hate to be gone so much, but we're trying take advantage of the NO CHILDREN thing while we can. I know once a child enters our life we are not going to be able and pick up like we do now.

I do want everyone to know that we do have a life here too (haha)!! Since AU played in Starkville this Thursday night we thought it would be a great time to host some of our Auburn friends at our home. My parents, along with Brooke & Corey Chandler and Mary Frances & Robby Spaeth stayed with us Thursday night after the big win in Starkville. Although my parents and the Spaeths had to head back Friday, Brooke and Corey stayed through Saturday. We were able to give them the grand tour (which took about 15 minutes) and took them to Frenchie's for some fine BBQ. We enjoyed spending time with everyone this weekend and look forward to their next visit!!

We also enjoyed watching football at The Hawkins' house last night. We were surrounded by Ole Miss fans and were glad to help them cheer Ole Miss to a win over Tulane. Jason has already decided his MS allegiance is to Ole Miss. I'm having a hard time choosing, but after hearing so many annoying cowbells, I may be leaning toward Ole Miss. I'll always pull for Southern Miss since my old roommate in Bham and good friend, Dana Knight, is a Southern grad. But as far as the Ole Miss/MS State rivalry...we will see. I guess I'll decide when I see how the Oxford fans act on Oct. 30th against Auburn!!

Unforunately, I was too buys hosting everyone this weekend and got NO pics of our Auburn friends, but here are a few......


My new MS friends, Whitney and Kayla, before the State/AU game.


Jason just looks happy to be there and Corey is taking Tiger Walk all in :)

Not a great picture at all, but you can see Chizik through the crowd.


It was extremely hot Thursday night.....a big difference from the cool weather last Saturday. Not the best picture, since I had just climbed all the way to the upper deck. I hate away game seats!!

2 comments:

  1. Love all your pictures! Are you coming this weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog!!!! so excited to get to see what yall are up to. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete