Sunday, September 12, 2010

Labor Day Fun!!

The 1st Auburn game fell on Labor Day weekend. We usually would not make the long drive for a game like Arkansas State, but since we had Monday off, we thought why not?? We drove to Montgomery on Friday night and stayed with my sweet Grandma. She was kind enough to keep Radley for us all weekend!! It was so nice to get up Saturday morning and know we were only a short 45 minutes from The Loveliest Village on the Plains. We had a great day in Auburn and it was even better since we won!!
We didn't tailgate this game, but had lunch with my parents and celebrated my dad's birthday @ Cheeburger. We also enjoyed meeting up with some friends at Hamilton's before the game to watch some football. We then met up with Lesley, Jason, Leighton and were able to spend some time with them before the game. Although the defense did not look their best, Auburn came out with a win. It was the perfect ending to a perfect day!!
It was nice to still have Sunday and Monday to catch up with friends and family in Montgomery. Grandma treated us to lunch after church on Sunday and I was able to go to my favorite restaurant, Zoe's, on Monday before we left with Aunt VA and Grandma. I must admit I think I miss restaurants more than anything else. It was so nice to eat some good food!! We also drove through our old neighborhood and checked on our house. We are thankful that our renters are keeping it up so nicely!! Although we miss our old city, it was very nice to get back to MS on Monday. I will say our new town is growing on me every day. I still have my moments of longing for home, but those moments are becoming fewer and fewer!!

Ready for game day!!


Jason and I enjoyed celebrating my dad's 65th birthday at Cheeburger on Saturday.
Most of you know, but my dad has not missed an Auburn home or AWAY game...yes I said AWAY since 1981. We wish him many more years of enjoying Auburn football!!

One of my very best friends, Lesley Hutchison and one of daughters, Leighton.
She was so excited to be wearing her new AU cheer uniform



Although Lesley is in Birmingham and I'm in MS, I'm so glad we get to see each other often in Auburn. I can' think of better place to meet!!

We celebrated with some of our Montgomery friends on Sunday night w/ a BBQ at Jennifer
and Michael Robinson's house. Little miss Syndey Elizabeth entered the world about 4 weeks ago. She is so sweet and beautiful!!


Sweet Conner asked for the 1st time...."can I hold my cousin". I had to get a photo of that sweet moment.

Rachel (the new mom) and Elizabeth. Rachel does NOT look like she gave birth 3 week ago.

Jennifer was so sweet to arrange the Labor Day get together. She is always the hostess with the mostest!! It was great to spend some time with some of our dear Montgomery friends!!

Jennifer, me, Rachel and Elizabeth. Coral must be the new color in Montgomery. I obviously didn't get the message (ha)!!


No comments:

Post a Comment