Thursday, September 16, 2010

Dining Room Makeover

So you can tell I have no life if I'm blogging about my dining room. Since I don't have children, I have a lot of down time....and I'm usually thinking of a new project for the house or how I can make it look better. I love decorating and our house in MS is older with a lot of character, which makes it even MORE fun to decorate. I also know the day a baby comes into our world my decorating budget will become NADA b/c I'll be spending it on every cute smocked outfit I can find (haha)!!

Fortunately the previous owners had great taste and left little to be done. We need new paint here and there and our tile countertops drive me NUTS, but other than that I'm very pleased!! Once the thorn in my side is gone (our house in Montgomery)....the kitchen is next on my list. So for now we are just doing little projects here and there (changing window treatments, painting, etc.) A lady here is Kosy did my new drapes and did a WONDERFUL job!! Jason was so pleased he said I can do the living room next - YAY!!

Next step for the dining room is a table runner and to get the chairs re-upholstered (probably the chairs and runner in the same fabric). I've picked a few, but my blog readers (all 5 of you-ha)......PLEASE give me feed back on what to do on the chairs....stripes, solids, diamonds??

***Fabric hint/advice- I know most of you like me LOVE Hobby Lobby. I had never paid close attention to their fabrics until recently. I decorate on a budget and it makes me sick to spend LOTS of money on fabric. I was able to find the fabric below at Hobby Lobby, as well as the fringe. The fabric happened to be on sale and we also had a coupon. The 9 yards of fabric and fringe costed me only around $150. That is pretty cheap compared to other fabrics I found. It may not be the best quality or from a designer showroom, but if you want to save... try Hobby Lobby!!


Love how the fringe matches perfect w/ the dots :)


I also saved a lot by getting the rod at good ole Bed Bath & Beyond w/ a 20% coupon. They had great looking curtain rods and reasonable prices!!


Got to do something with those seats asap!! See some of the fabrics below. Give me some feedback on which one you like....

# 1


# 2

# 3...I know very much like # 2


2 comments:

  1. I'm really in love with the chevron print lately. And you can actually make that pattern out of stripped fabric.
    I like the first fabric a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gena. i don't blog. but i am a blog stalker. as well, a decor junkie. am i seeing hints of green? you know you can get 40% off of any one item at hobby lobby each time you go if you just print the coupon. that's major. i am thinking a good bit of contrast with the greens, but it is hard to tell. maybe we need a glass of wine to discuss.

    ReplyDelete