Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Goals for the New Year!!

So here we are on day 5 of the New Year and I have yet to make any resolutions. I really don't want to make any b/c I seem to never keep them. I remember in 2009 our Sunday School class teacher wanted us to write down 5 resolutions for the New Year. Of course Jason and I wanted to loose 15 lbs, run a 5K, etc. Well, I recently found that list in my bible and not one thing was accomplished. I've decided my goal for this New Year is to be more DISCIPLINED in all aspects of my life. I need to improve in exercising more, reading my bible more, eating better, praying on all things, keeping in contact w/ friends (like calling- not a text)...of course the list goes on, but those are just a few. I found a few bible verses today that I thought were very applicable to the New Year & I hope to apply these to my life. Here is to a DISCIPLINED 2011, forgetting the past and focusing on the future :) Happy New Year!!

Discipline
Heberews 12:11 For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.

Each New Day is Special
Lamentations 3:22-24 The unfailing love of the LORD never ends! By his mercies we have been kept from complete destruction. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each day. I say to myself, "The LORD is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!"

Forgetting the Past
Philippians 3:13-14 No, dear brothers and sisters, I am still not all I should be, but I am focusing all my energies on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I strain to reach the end of the race and receive the prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us up to heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment