Sunday, January 30, 2011

A "Friendly" Weekend

Sometimes friends can come and go, but there a few who are truly special and you know they will always be there for you. I had a special visit on Saturday w/ one of those friends....my college roommate, Haylea. We lived at AU for 3 years together and have shared many fond memories. We are different in many ways, but that has always seemed to be our advantage as friends & roommates. Haylea is probably one the most LOYAL people I know and will always have your back. After college her career took her to Huntsville, where she still lives today. We both got married 3 mos. apart (both to wonderful guys- we're lucky girls) and she had her precious son, Graeme in November 2009. I'm hoping maybe her 2nd child and my 1st can be close to the same age. I need to hurry up don't I...haha.


Haylea married an Ole Miss boy and they were in MS visiting his family this weekend. We decided to meet up Saturday and had a wonderful time. We had a great lunch at Biaggi's and checked out all the new spring clothes at Maison Weiss that I can't afford (ha). I think in college we thought we'd live in the same city, but unfortunately it didn't work out. Maybe one day we will...I've realized after moving, that you never know where life may take you. I look forward to making a visit to Huntsville soon and hopefully she can spend a full weekend in Kosy soon. There is nothing better than knowing you have a friend that will be there for you ALWAYS. And although you may rarely see, but when you do see it seems as if time has stood still.

Thanks Haylea for your friendship!!


my wedding rehearsal - 11/16/2007

Haylea's baby shower- 8/2009....she doesn't even look pregnant. She's the girl that can drink regular cokes, eat Wendy's hamburgers every day in college and not gain a pound. I thought I could eat like that too and gained a quick 10 lbs...haha.

Haylea's big day- 9/18/2007

2 comments:

  1. awww...sob!! i love you! i always thought we'd live in the same town...but we don't even live in the same state! you're the best friend a girl could ask for!! we need a FULL weekend together soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you too!! It makes me sad we're so far away. Maybe one day...you never know w/ Jason's career. Can't wait to see you soon (and Graeme)!

    ReplyDelete