Saturday, January 15, 2011

BEST AU ROAD GAME EVER- PART 2- THE WIN!

We stayed in Scottsdale on Sunday and Monday nights with my family. My parents were gracious enough to get a 2 BR condo and treated us to 2 FREE nights- thanks Mom & Dad!! The only time I had ever been to AZ was for a connector flight in Phoenix, so I was looking forward to taking in the sites!! I absolutely loved Scottsdale. Everything was brand new, clean, shopping galore, every great restaurant you could imagine, etc.

We had a great dinner w/ my parents on Sunday night and called it an early tonight to prepare for the game (ha). Some of my college friends made it to Charles Barkley’s party at THE W HOTEL on Sunday night and I heard it was tons of fun. I’m afraid I’m getting old b/c all I wanted to do after dinner was go to sleep….I hate I missed them on Sunday :(

Monday we were up bright and early to head to the game. Words can’t describe how excited we all were. It was fun to see so many people we knew- old friends from college, people from our hometowns, etc. Of course cell phone service was terrible- could not make calls or texts- so we missed many of the people we wanted to see :( Most of the places were so packed (the restaurants/bars & the tailgate party we had tickets for)…we primarily just walked around and ran into lots of people we knew. Everyone seemed so ready to get in the stadium…we got in line at 4:30 (for a 6:30 kick off) and I’m glad we did b/c it took us an hour to get in!!!

We were glad to be settled in our seats and got ready to watch the game we had all been waiting for!!! The game was well worth the wait. I was so ecstatic to witness AU take home the National Championship. War Eagle!! Enjoy the pics below from gameday :)

We just happened to run into Jason & Hunter Hutchison and Hunter took this pic for us...Thanks Hunter!!
Mom & me :) My dad was out rounding up programs for everyone (including us and friends back home...I think he had to buy around 10??)

The stadium!!

This was the crowd trying to get in the stadium at 4:30. I think we picked the wrong gate, b/c my parents had no trouble getting in.

Can you pick Jason and me out?? My dad took this pic from their seats.

Mom & Dad...I actually stole this pic from dad's fb pictures. I'm disppointed we didn't get a pic of all 4 of us, but it was just at hectic/crazy day!!

players getting ready....we were all sooooo nervous, I can't imagine how the players felt??

Happy to finally be here!!

more happiness :)

players taking the field



Bo Jackson was honorary team captain....he has been a great support for the Tigers this season!!

Please check out the woman's hat in the center of the picture. It is amazing what college football makes people do!!

closer view of the hat above (haha)


I'm not sure why these pics are off center now, but I don't feel like changing them. This other guy in front of us wore this helmet the ENTIRE game. He even drank a beer and coke through it...pretty impressive (haha) Jason and I just found it funny that he packed that helmet and took it on an airplane with him.














The celebration begins.....WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!
















22-19!!!!!!!!!!!!!















Coach Chizik accepting the trophy















pics are centered now?? Darvin Adams leading the band after the big win!!
celebrating with The Spaeths....they were only a few rows behind us

#1 finally!!!!!!!!!! What a season!!!!

We saw A LOT of this b/w Phoenix and Vegas

WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!! CAN'T WAIT UNTIL NEXT FOOTBALL SEASON!!

No comments:

Post a Comment