Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Memphis Memories


This past weekend we celebrated our 3 yr. anniversary with a quick trip to Memphis. We enjoyed a wonderful dinner, shopped, watched the famous ducks at The Peabody and walked Beale Street. The Christmas decor at The Peabody was so gorgeous, I could have just lounged around their beautiful lobby all night. Thanks to Jason for treating to me to a fun night out and even letting me buy a few clothes (b/c you know I really needed them). I'm looking forward to my next weekend getaway in Memphis. Girls- I think we need to plan one!
The flower arrangements were perfect.

These ducks definitely live the "good life".
The red carpet is rolled out for them at 5:00 pm so they can march to the elevator and go to the "Duck Palace" atop of the Peabody. I'm sure it was a hard days work, so hopefully they had a restful night.

The "Duckmaster" leading the ducks down the red carpet. Wonder how you become the "Duckmaster". Maybe that is what I should pursue?

Enjoying the Christmas decorations before dinner

Jason looking so handsome :)

We thought we'd go visit the ducks on the rooftop after dinner.

Stuffed after the some of the finest steaks we've ever eaten. Go to The Butcher Shop if you're ever VERY HUNGRY, love steaks and are in Memphis.

We want to live in The Duck Palace :0)

The Duck Palace

Unfortunatley they live in the back of the palace; doesn't look so grand after all.
I'm almost embarrassed to write this, but yes, we took Radley on our anniversary trip. We hate boarding him and the hotel was pet friendly (well for $50 extra bucks). This was his first time in a hotel and I'm happy to say he did very well. They had his bed waiting in the room for him.

He loved his bed and did a lot of this while we enjoyed a night out.

Radley and the ducks have a pretty good life...haha. It was a great weekend :) Maybe Radley can meet the ducks next time.....maybe not!

1 comment:

  1. You look so cute in these pics!!! miss you lets get together soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete