Sunday, November 7, 2010

Home Sweet Home...

A year ago today we were making the drive back to Montgomery after signing the contract on our new house in MS. We were filled with so many emotions that weekend. (like I can't believe we are really moving to Kosciusko, MS??) Although we had only been in Montgomery 3 years as a married couple, it had become our home. Our first house, our first "married couple" friends, first church as a couple, etc. I'm not saying that Montgomery is the most fantastic place to live (I know there are many more desirable places), but it was our home and were sad to leave it.

Both of us grew up in small towns and of course never thought we'd be back in one and did NOT want to go back to one. I guess the term NEVER say NEVER is so true. We had the opportunity to move to Winston-Salem w/ BB&T and keep up the same pace of life we were living, but there was something about M&F Bank and Kosciusko that intrigued us. The people were so genuine, so real and have proven to us over the past year that they truly are that way. Of course I still have my moments and miss things about life in the "bigger city" (Montgmery is not even that big-ha), but I've got to say the longer I'm here, life AIN'T so bad in small town USA.

For those who know me well, you will enjoy some of our trade offs below....

~We've traded a fancy Friday night out for a high school football game and dinner at the local BBQ joint

~Sunday brunches at Wynlakes CC for Sunday lunches at "The Place for Fish"

~Shopping at Ann Taylor for finding a good bargain a the local "Dirt Cheap"

.....as much as I thought those silly trade offs would kill me....they've made me a better person. Life isn't about dining at a nice country club or shopping at the finest stores (although it is fun and nothing wrong w/ it), but life is about the relationships you make with people. We've made some of the sweetest friends, have thoughtful neighbors and Jason LOVES his job. I'm not saying we didn't have these things in Montgomery, but I think our slower pace of life has allowed us to enjoy it and appreciate it more. We have so much to be thankful for!! Who knows what life will bring in the future; we may not grow old here or we may be here forever. Whatever happens, Kosciusko will always hold a special place in our hearts!! Today I'm thankful for my new hometown and the blessings in my life :)

People make places, places don't make people.

**I've always liked "NEW" houses. Well in Kosciusko if you want "NEW" you're gonna have to build it. There are two "newer" neighborhoods in town and they had not one house for sale. Houses are hard to find here and we were foruntate to find this one. We've really enjoyed the character an older home has.


We spend many Saturdays raking leaves....see our recent pile above


We are the 2nd family in town w/ an Auburn flag. There is actually another Auburn grad in town that has an AU flag.

1 comment:

  1. so happy you are enjoying kozy! can't believe it has already been a year! where does time go? i haven't seen you since january! to long!

    ReplyDelete