Monday, November 29, 2010

Giving Thanks!!

Devote yourselves to prayer, keeping alert in it with an attitude of thanksgiving- Colossians 4:2- New American Standard

With the stresses that life can often bring, it is sometimes hard to remember how blessed we really are and how thankful we should be. This Thanksgiving Jason and I had so much to be thankful for. Although life may not always follow OUR timeline or go the way we plan it, what a comfort it is to know that God will always provide.

My list of blessings and thanks seem to be endless, but here are a few things I'm thankful for during this holiday season....

~ A wonderful husband, who provides unconditional love, support and encouragement. What a blessing it is to have a husband who truly honors me. 1 Peter 3:7 (New King James Version) Husbands, likewise, dwell with them with understanding, giving honor to the wife, as to the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life, that your prayers may not be hindered.

~My amazing parents who will be married 38 years this May. They are such great role models in the way they live their life. Their love and support has been such a comfort to me in my 29 years and will continue to be.

~My sweet in-laws that have always been supportive and caring. I believe they are going on 34-35 yrs. of marriage?? They as well, have been great examples for Jason and me. They raised a wonderful son that I'm so proud to call my husband.

~A supportive extended family...aunts, uncles, grandmothers (3 living), cousins, etc. Although we don't see each other as often as we'd like, I know they are always there if we need them. I think and pray for them often!!

~To only live 4 hours away from most friends and family. Although I complain about this, we could be much furthur. It is nice to know that we can get in the car and can seem them in a few hours.

~Fabulous Friends--there is that joke you can't choose your family, but you can choose your friends. Well I got lucky b/c I have got both- great family and friends. I often long to see my old friends, but I'm so thankful for new friends too!! I don't get to see childhood/college friends (who are some of my BEST friends) often enough, but I know they will always be there and I'm so thankful for that!! I will forever be grateful to my sweet Kosy friends as well. They are a true blessing and made my transition from city to small town life (ha) much easier

~To live in the greatest country.....USA!!! I've often wondered why some of us are so fortunate to be born here and others into such poverty. I even feel guilty at times for this. How wonderful it is to live in a land that provides so much opportunity and freedom!

~JOBS!!! Working isn't fun sometimes, but we should never take a job for granted. Jason and I know firsthand being in the banking industry. Proverbs 12:11 He who works his land will have abundant food, but he who chases fantasies lacks judgment.

~My dog, Radley :) As silly as this sounds, he brings so much joy to our lives. My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

~Lastly, but surely not least...our forgiving and loving saviour, Jesus Christ. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

***So my list may have seemed endless, but in this season of thanksgiving, "my cup runneth over". Happy late Thanksgiving!!!

2 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful list! You are always a reminder to me to remain optimistic and remember our blessings.
    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tinks...you are such a sweetheart :) I'm thankful to call you a friend :)

    ReplyDelete