Sunday, October 14, 2012

Absent Blogger and Big Changes!!

I'll admit since having Patton it is harder to find time to blog, but I don't think I have ever gone this long without blogging. The past two months have been extremely busy with LOTS going on!!!  Our biggest news and one reason I haven't blogged is that we are MOVING to BIRMINGHAM :)  Of course our move to MS 3 years ago wasn't necessarily in our plans, but after the failure of Colonial Bank, we did what we had to do.  We moved over here with open minds and knew it was something that could be short term or long term.  Although we missed living closer to home, family and friends, we grew to love this little town and M&F Bank.  It was a great move professionally for Jason and on a personal level, I think living here taught us to slow down a little bit, enjoy each other and exposed us to different people.  It taught both of us what really is important in life :)

Our move to Birmingham came at an unexpected time and a bit of shock to our family and friends.  Jason has loved his job at M&F so much that I finally had accepted the fact that we may be in MS for quite some time (if not for the long haul!)  Although I wanted to move closer to home, I made sure Jason knew that I didn't want him to take just any job or even a lateral move to get us closer. I wanted it to be a step up for him and a job he greatly desired and would be a challenge for him (which he loves).  I knew a job like that was in his future, but we expected it a few years down the road.  We just agreed if we ever did get closer it would be before Patton started K or at least early elementary age.

Well in early August the call came about a job that we thought was a few years down the road for him.  After interviews and working out all the details Jason turned in his notice at M&F in mid-September, which was one of the toughest things for him.  He loved his job, but it was more about leaving the people there that he wasn't looking forward to. He respected them and considered them friends.  Not many CEOs of a company will pray with you about your future after you have told them you are leaving their company.  Not many CEOs of a company will send their wife to your house to bring you food after you bring your 1st born home.  I tear up typing this as I think of all the wonderful people we have met here. Some of the most genuine, caring people I've ever met.   People that not only talk of what it means to live a Christian life, but show it daily in their jobs and how they interact with people.

Although I'm looking forward to being closer to home, living in a city with more to offer, and being able to see old friends more often, I will miss so many things about this special town.  It will always be near to our heart.  Especially our dear friends here that we look forward to coming back and visiting :)  Jason is already in Birmingham and enjoying his new job.  We have a corporate apartment there for a few months. So you can find me all over the place...packing things in MS, at my parents in AL or in Bham.  You never know where I may be.  Hopefully by mid-November I'll be permanently in Bham.

As for now I'm going to enjoy my time left here.  My parents pulled up to my house Friday afternoon (in town for the Ole Miss game) and I was having a 15 min conversation with the mail lady.  They said I doubt you are going to be having lengthy conversations with your mail lady in Bham.  I know I won't and I'm going to miss that.  It has been bittersweet for us to see this chapter in our lives coming to a close, but we're looking forward to starting the next chapter!!!! 

**working on a new blog title, just can't think of the perfect name....but look for one soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment