Monday, October 15, 2012

Sweet Memories

Since I've posted about changes and moves...here goes another one. My parents recently sold their house of 27 years :(  It is something they have talked about for some time and finally decided to go through with it. Although it is a wonderful house and they love it, they thought it may be a good time to find something with a master on the main level and a level lot.  They just bought a beautiful house (still in the same town/area) and I know it is a place they will love!!

We went home a few weekends ago to help them move and to say my final goodbye to the house.  So many fond memories were made in that home.  Although it was a great house to grow up in, I'm most thankful to have parents who made it a great HOME and not just a great HOUSE.  My parents always welcomed my friends over, made holidays special, and provided me with a great childhood.  As I get older and now have a child of my own, I appreciate more and more the foundation my parents gave me and realize what a blessing it was to come from a Christian home where lots of love was shown.  I pray that as Patton grows older he will have fond memories of his childhood as well :)

Below is a picture I had painted for my Mother as a retirement gift.  This is just the draft, but the final product was perfect!! It will now hang in the living room of their new home. I'm glad we can all look at it and remember all the good times we shared there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment