Saturday, March 19, 2011

A Run and Spring Fun!!

I'm happy to say we finished our 1st 5K this morning in Jackson!! Jason's goal was 32 minutes and he finished around 30:40. My goal was 36 minutes and the clock hit 36 right as I was crossing the finish line. We are glad to have our 1st one behind us and are looking forward to the Double Decker 5K in Oxford, MS in April and hope to set new time goals.

Our friend Kayla also ran w/ us and did awesome. She is definitely a more experienced runner having finished a 1/2 marathon recently, so this was nothing for her. Her husband Jason joined us and cheered us on from the street w/ his coffee (I may join him next time-ha).

We did it!!
Happy to have Kayla join us :)

We managed to have a little fun too!! We went to Shuckers last night and loaded up on shrimp and oysters (the non-runners ate the oysters)- great seafood by the way, but don't go for the ambiance (ha). If you want some good people watching go to that place on a Friday night. I think all the River Rats from the Reservoir invade it.
**for my friends back home the biggest redneck in the place had a t-shirt on from Mt. Cheaha Harley Davidson, which of course is located in my hometown of Oxford, Al- thought that was funny!!


Jason and I rewarded ourselves at lunch today with a good cheeseburger from my favorite- Five Guys. We are now back home and looking forward to some R&R and enjoying the rest of this beautiful weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment