Friday, March 11, 2011

Closer to the day of our 1st 5K!!!!

I thought I would post a quick update on our running progress. As you know from previous post we have been doing the Couch to 5K program. We completed the 9 week program last week and I'm telling you it WORKS!! Neither one of us were runners at all! Although Jason is very athletic, even playing college football, he never had ran more than a mile. His position in football did not require much running. Just like Jason, I've never been a runner. I can speed walk with the best of them, but that is a close as I've been to running. And yes....we plan to do a 5K next week!!

I registered us for the St. Paddy's 5K in Jackson next Saturday. I know 3.1 miles doesn't sound like much, but it's a LOT to me!! I'm very proud that we have stayed committed to this. I actually find myself looking forward to my runs after work. I'm thankful that Jason wants to do this with me because it definitely holds us accountable!! I'm also very thankful for a husband that is committed to being active and healthy :)

If the 1st 5K goes well, we have some others 5K runs we plan to enter in the upcoming months. Our next goal is a 10K and maybe one day a 1/2 marathon?? Although I'm not quite so sure about the 1/2 yet. So look for a post soon of us completing our 1st race!!

I hope to look this joyful and refreshed crossing the finish line....

1 comment:

  1. awesome! i've just started to run a little a couple days a week and it's killing my ankles! hope the 5K goes well! i'll be thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete