Monday, October 25, 2010

Loving Football Season!!

Our weekends lately have been filled with LOTS of football. We managed to not only go to Auburn for the LSU game, but squeezed in a high school game as well on Friday. We left MS early on Friday and headed to Heflin, AL to watch the Cleburne County Tigers (Jason's alma mater) take on Oneonta. They won and landed a spot in the 4A playoffs!! Both our dads went with us and we had a great time. Jason had not been to a game at Heflin in years, so I know he enjoyed reminiscing about his day as #74 for the CCHS Tigers. Although I was not around during those years, I hear he was quite the football player. I'll even brag on him and mention that he made All-State and they made it to the State Championship game in 1994(unfortunatley they lost to TR Miller of Brewton). Too bad we weren't a couple then...I could have worn his class ring and letterman jacket (haha)...maybe not!!


Saturday we were on to AU to see the clash of two unbeaten Tigers. Those 2:30 games don't leave a lot of time to visit everyone I'd like. I'm hoping UGA will be a night game. We were able to hang out with The Saxon's, our sweet friends from Montgomery, before the game. After watching a BIG WIN over the "other" Tigers, we headed to Toomer's Corner. We didn't participate in the "rolling", but managed to get a few pictures. Although I have often dreaded the drive this season, I'm so thankful we decided to keep our tickets this year. The atmosphere in Jordan Hare has been like no other season (not even 2004). War Eagle!! Now I'm ready for Ole Miss and short drive to see my Tigers play!

**also a big thanks to Jason's parents for keeping our dog, Radley, while we go to all these AU games. Radley even made his debut at their Halloween party this weekend as a bumble bee. I'll have to steal a picture from his mom or sister**


Our weekends have been so busy lately, I have failed to get hardly any pictures. I've posted the only ones I took all weekend below.






1 comment:

  1. i wish i could be in auburn with you eating turkey wraps from amsterdam's!

    ReplyDelete