Monday, October 11, 2010

Girls Weekend!

Ecclesiastes 4:9-10
9 Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: 10 If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!

Brooke, Lesley and me

In this case I guess you could say three are better than two!! I've been blessed with some dear friends throughout each stage in my life (childhood, college, adulthood, etc.) I'm very fortunate to call Lesley and Brooke my lifelong best friends. I've known Brooke pretty much since birth and Lesley since 4th grade. They probably know me better than most (the good and the bad) and still love me the way I am. It is such a blessing to know that no matter what, these girls will always be there.

With us all living in different cities, we don't see each other as often as we'd like. It was so nice to re-connect this weekend, share old stories, and of course do A LOT of shopping. We started bright and early shopping at Brookwood Village and then to The Summit. We managed to squeeze in some lunch at Zoes...it was so yummy!!


After a long day of shopping, we ventured to Harpersville, AL (about 20 min south of Bham) to Morgan Creek Winery. If you are familiar with Old Baker Farm Pumpkin Patch...it is beside it. The weather was so beautiful and we wanted to enjoy the outdoors, but thought we were a little too old for the pumpkin patch (ha). Lesley had heard from a few people how nice Morgan Creek was, so we thought we'd check it out. Even if you have no care for wine, it is a nice place to spend a beautiful fall afternoon.




The main shop at Morgan Creek. They will give you tours and it is all free!

I loved the grounds of Morgan Creek :)

After this picture we found a swing under a tree and just took in the beauty of the place. It was so relaxing and peaceful.


After our fun day of shopping, we ended the evening with dinner at Chuy's at The Summit. They are based out of Texas and serve TEX-MEX food. I had the shrimp BAJA tacos...very good and reasonable!!


I'm already looking forward to our spring/summer girls weekend at Ross Bridge!! Now back to the real world :( At least I have today off!!

No comments:

Post a Comment