Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Rice Cereal = Happy Baby!!

About the past two weeks Patton has been a little fussier than normal to me. I increased his formula a little bit, but it just didn't seem to do the trick.  Our pediatrician recommends starting rice cereal at about 4 months. Well, me being the 1st time mom and trying to stick to schedule was trying to hold out to at least 4 months. After his fussiness in Oxford this past weekend and not seeming content we headed to Wal Mart Sunday afternoon and bought rice cereal.  We fed him around 5 that evening and it was like his personality changed immediately.  Poor Patton was hungry :(  After he ate he couldn't stop smiling, laughing, etc.  He also slept from 9:00-7:00 the next morning (usually sleeps from 10-6, but has started whining around 5 am).  So far so good!!!!  We are in to day 4 (he'll be 4 mos tomorrow) and he still loves it and is sleeping great!!!  It is quite a mess, but he will get the hang of it eventually.  The next go around I'll listen to my instincts like I should have this time.  My poor baby was probably starving the past few weeks....sorry Patton.....we're so glad you're happy now :)



1 comment:

  1. Looking back I fully believe Graeme starved for weeks!! New mommies just don't know!! So glad he's so happy!! He is the cutest thing ever!!

    ReplyDelete