Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy V-day and other ramblings...

Me and my Valentine :)
I'm going through old pics wishing I was some place like NYC today

Hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day. Jason and I aren't too big on the holiday, but used it as a great excuse to eat a great meal at UMI in Starkville last night. Their sushi is wonderful and was worth the drive up HWY 12...despite seeing 20 deer on the way there and back. Poor Jason was a nervous wreck. MS...what is up with all the deer??? I lived in AL all my life, drove many rural roads and have never seen so many deer in my life. Also...skunks...we smell them pretty much every time we travel in MS. I could go on about my wild hog encounters on the trace, seeing a bob cat by 1st Presbyterian while walking my dog (Jason still doesn't believe that one)....but those are for a separate post one day.

We also had a fun date night at the JA Charity Ball on Sat. night. Not being from here, I had no clue what to expect, but was pleasantly surprised. I think the JA Girls need a big reward for transforming that coliseum into something so lovely!! I thought they did a wonderful job. I'm so mad b/c I left my camera at home and didn't take any pics :( It was a great night to get dressed up, have fun w/ friends and it's even better b/c the $$ goes to great causes!!

Tonight we started our Valentine's celebration by starting Week 7 of Couch to 5K...aren't we romantic (haha). We both ran 2 miles (8 laps) at the high school track non-stop. I know this is nothing for my runner friends, but to me this was HUGE. I never thought I could do it, but honestly, I could have gone a few more laps tonight. Next goal of the week is 10 laps (2.5 miles)...so stay tuned!! Hopefully I'll be able to get out of bed tomorrow.

I'm about to continue V-day by making poor Jason watch The Bachelor w/ me and then I'll watch Hawaii 5.0 w/ him. Life is just so exciting!! Although I'm kidding and being a bit sarcastic, there really is no place I rather be than sitting on the couch w/ Jason watching TV (except maybe in NYC w/ Jason of course).....but just as long as we're together, I'm good with that!! I feel very thankful to have a wonderful husband and someone special to share this cheesey holiday with. Happy Valentine's Day everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment