Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Shower # 2- Montgomery

After 1 ½ days of fun in Oxford/Anniston and an awesome shower, we loaded up Saturday afternoon and headed to Montgomery for shower # 2. My mom’s sister/family wanted to give me a shower as well and it was a great opportunity to spend time with our Montgomery family, as well as friends we made during our 3 years we lived there, and college friends who live in South Alabama. On Sat. night our sweet friends, Jennifer and Michael, hosted a little get together complete with steaks and 2xs baked potatoes from Peppertree. I was too busy inhaling my food and catching up to take any pics. Many of our weekends in Montgomery were spent cooking out steaks from Peppertree…..I really miss that place :(.

The shower was Sunday afternoon at my Aunt Virginia’s and it was perfect!! Once again, I realized how fortunate I am to have such sweet, generous friends and family. It was an very dreary day and some friends from college drove as far as Dothan for the shower. It made me feel so special that they would come that far for me on such a miserable, rainy day. After a fun filled weekend, two showers and lots of quality time spent with friends/family we headed back to MS on Monday with a loaded down car. Our car was so loaded down, my dad had to drive to MS as well to help carry the gifts- a good problem to have :) Enjoy the pics….




My cousin, Amy, made the adorable diaper cake :)




Schuyler (who just had a baby boy- she looks great!), Jill, Katie and Julie.....so great to catch up with these sweet friends!



Skinny girls and the pregnant girl (ha)!




Jennifer, me, Emily (expecting baby # 3 in July) and Rachel. I believe it is definitley the year for babies!! Among my high school, college, Montgomery and MS friends...I can think of at least 25 people that are pregnant or had babies in the last 6 mos- WOW!!




My Aunt Virginia and Grandma- so sweet of them to host such a lovely shower!!




The gifts keep coming...





1st cousins on my Mom's side of family: Lorian, me, Amber and Amy. Sweet of Amber to drive all the way from Savannah, GA.



Mom, me and Virginia

Hated to see the weekend come to an end. Celebrating the upcoming arrival of Patton with some of my dearest friends and family :) I can't think of a better way to spend a 4 day weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment