Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Patton's Showers

I decided I better catch up on my blogging before precious Patton arrives!! I’m now at 35 weeks and the nursery is completed, bathroom renovations are done, baby clothes/blankets/socks, etc. washed, showers finished….you get the picture. I’m so thankful to be finished with all the prep work b/c my 2nd trimester energy has definitely gone away. The tiredness kicked back in about two weeks ago and to top things off I’ve been battling a cold/sinus infection that has really worn me down :( Now I’m trying to learn to relax these last few weeks (which is hard for me) and to enjoy my last days/weeks of no parental responsibilities.

I’ll start off my 1st post with Patton’s showers. We have been blessed with three wonderful showers!!! They all began President’s Day weekend. Our 1st shower was in Anniston at the home of Rhonda Griffith. Her daughter, Brooke is one of my very best friends and our families have been friends for years. They are very special people to me and were so generous to give us a great shower. Other dear friends from all stages of life….childhood, college, and family friends helped host the event as well. Of course the gifts were great, but I most enjoyed spending time with friends and family that I don’t get to see often. Events like these make me realize how fortunate I am to have all these people in my life. Although I’m not able to see them as much as I’d like, I know that they will always be there for me, no matter how far we live apart. Below are some pics from the shower…..












1st time to meet Brooke's new baby, Hudson. What a doll!! He made an appearance at the end of the shower.


Haylea's new baby, Calder Adaire arrived in January. Haylea, Calder and her mom, Jane were so sweet to drive from Huntsville with a 5 week old :)


Some of my favorite girls!

My cousin, Lauren and her daughter, McKenzie. So good to see them :)


Lots of great gifts!!



More gifts :)



Catherine and Haylea....two great friends from AU. So thankful to have them in my life!



Me w/ Matti, Kathy and Staci (Jason's niece, mom and sister) Thankful for sweet in-laws!


Lauren made me this great door hanger!!


So much fun!


Mom and me before the shower
Lesley, Dana and Brooke before the shower
Beautiful cake and delicious food (brunch is my favorite!!)
Another pic of the cake!!


Thanks to the hostesses: Rhonda Griffith, Brooke Chandler, Haylea Williams, Dana Jenkins, Cateherine Botsford and Lesley Hutchison for a fabulous shower :)

No comments:

Post a Comment