Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Why are we making memories in Mississippi??







Finally decided to join the blog world :) Many of you know about our recent move to Mississippi, but for those who don't, here is glimpse of the last year and our journey here. I promise my other post won't be this long................

Majority of my life has gone by my plans: great childhood/family/friends, college at Auburn, get married, etc. I always thought I'd be somewhere w/in a 1-2 hour radius of my family. Well, MY plans got thrown out of the window this year and I've also learned it isn't all about ME. This last year has really taught me to rely on God and trust his plan for my life. Jeremiah 29:11 is one of my favorite verses now :)

Our sweet little life as newly weds was moving right along in Montgomery, AL. Loved our house, friends, church, jobs, being close to family and Auburn :) I was definitely in my comfort zone. Unfortunately the Colonial Bank fiasco took me out of my "comfort zone" totally!

We had known for quite some time that a move and job change could be in our future. With Jason's position w/in Colonial he was aware of what may become, but hopeful for the best. I'm so thankful he was aware, b/c we were not blindsided and I had been preparing myself for these changes. Although we were nervous, we felt confident God would provide for us.

After BB&T bought Colonial out in August 2009, Jason was blessed with an opportunity to move to Winston-Salem, NC to work at their headquarters. We felt very fortunate b/c only 4 from a department of 20 were even offered a job. So we thought okay...lets do it...Winston-Salem is an awesome place. We had some great friends moving there as well with the bank. The only down fall was a long drive home.

A week later, Jason comes home and tells me about an awesome opportunity w/ M&F (Merchant's and Farmers) in Kosciusko, MS. I'm thinking he has lost his mind. There is no way I'm moving there!! The more and more he talked with the bank, it sounded like the perfect fit. He agreed to come visit & interview. Of course I tagged along to check it out. I was shocked that a bank of that size was even based in a town the size of Kosciusko. For my Alabama friends this town would remind you of maybe Scottsboro or Demopolis ?? When we arrived we were pleasantly suprised..the town was so charming, a quaint town square, and the people were so gracious...it was like a modern day Mayberry.

The opportunity was too awesome to turn down. It was a great move for his career and would provide a great lifestyle for our family. So after much prayer, thought and sleepless nights Jason turned down the job with BB&T and took the plunge and accepted a job with M&F, where he is the Credit Review Director/Manager. He has been here since December 2009 and I moved over mid-January of this year. We are enjoying our new town and life. Of course I miss things about Montgomery and our life there, but we have been extremely blessed. Jason loves his job, we found a great house, great friends and are thankful to have each other....what more can you ask for?? We are loooking forward to making many memories here :)



2 comments:

  1. Happy to follow your blog! Sounds like you are doing great in MS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so happy you joined the logging world! can't wait to see you my next trip to mississippi!

    ReplyDelete