Monday, June 28, 2010

Magic City Memories

Some of Tara's bridesmaids: Julie Johnston, Claire Machamer, me and Blake Rhodes

Tara, the beaming bride to be, and me.


One of my dear friends from college, Tara Stewart, had a wedding shower in Birmingham this past weekend. I thought it would be the perfect time for a roadtrip. I was so busy having fun, that I only took two pictures (above). Jason decided to stay behind and do yard work and clean the house for me...bless his heart!! I took off Saturday afternoon and made the 3 hour trek to Bham. I picked up Lesley Hutchison, my BF from childhood/high school and we headed to Cocina Superior for a great dinner!! We were able to meet up w/ Catherine, Ashley and Kari (fellow Alpha Gammers) and their husbands. It was so good to see them. It seems like time has just stood still and we were able to pick up where we left off.

I spent Saturday night at Lesley's house. I had the best time spending time with her and her two precious daughters, Leighton (3) and Kennedy (almost 1). They are about the two cutest girls I know and of course Lesley always has them dressed to a tee. Her husband, Jason, was sweet enough to keep them to let Lesley have some girl time Saturday night. Lesley and I had great time catching up and staying up late chatting....just like we were in 4th grade again :)

On Sunday I managed to squeeze in some family time. My cousin Lauren and her husband, Mike treated me to lunch at Cheesecake Factory, which was great!! Their daughter, McKenzie turned 4 in April and she is a doll. Full of life and personality. It just seems like yesterday I was going to see her after she was born at Brookwood. She is growing up so fast and is a precious child. I know Lauren and Mike are enjoying every mintue with her. I wish I got to see them more; it was a great visit.

I finally wrapped up the whirlwind weekend and headed to Homewood for the shower Sunday after lunch. It was so good to see Tara. We have not seen each other in FOREVER!! Jason and I actually met through Tara. She and Dustin Fowler (Jason's law school roommate) started dating back in the summer of 06. Tara invited me over one Friday night to see her new house in Ross Bridge and Dustin had invited Jason over. Well, the rest is history and Jason and I have been inseparable since then. Somehow we managed to make it to the altar about 3 years earlier than the couple who set us up...... oh well.

Tara and Dustin are finally tying the knot on August 21st!! She lived in Bham for quite sometime while he was beginning his law practice in Dothan. They spent many weekends keeping 1-65 and 231 hot. I know they are so thankful to be in the same city now and to start their new lives together. She is going to make a beautiful bride and great wife.

The wedding shower was a lot of fun. It was nice to see familiar faces from Auburn and Bham. Blake (Dickert) Rhodes another pledge sister of mine hosted it. She is so creative and her house is precious!! It was a busy two days, but so great to take a trip down memory lane. I lived in Birmingham for 4 years after college and loved every mintue of it.
My life right now reminds me of that old Girl Scout song......"Make new friends and keep the old....one is silver and the other is gold"......as cheesy as it sounds it is true. I love seeing my old friends from college/high school, but feel blessed to make new ones as well. They are all so dear to me!!

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a fun weekend...wish you could have squeezed in a trip up i65 to huntsville! hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete