Sunday, June 13, 2010

Fine 29, Birthday weekend!!

Our family :)

I always enjoy when my parent's come to visit. I'm very thankful for them both!
They have always made my birthday's special :)


Just relaxing


Jason enjoying Rock Band and Mom waiting her turn.


My sweet husband cooked and cleaned on my b-day. This is actually not a rare sight.
I don't mind cooking, but he really enjoys it. I hate to admit it, but he is probably better
in the kitchen than I am.

Showing off my gifts from Jason.... a new Coach purse and the new Laura Bush book.

I definitely don't feel like I should be 29 years old!! Wow, where has the time gone? I still feel like I'm about 20-21. Although I may feel like that, lets hope I've matured some since then (ha). When I started thinking about my twenties, they have held some of the most important and memorable moments in my life---college graduation, career decisions, meeting my husband, marriage, best friend's marriages, births of friend's babies, moves- Auburn, Bham, Montgomery and now Mississippi. It has been a pretty busy past 9 years!

I started off my b-day celebration on Thursday, 6/10 (the day of my actual b-day) with lunch w/ some sweet girfriends at Kosciusko's finest restaurant....El Rodeo A.K.A. "The Mexican Restaurant". As far as dining here, there isn't much to choose from here, but I will say I'm a huge fan of El Rodeo. We had a great time of food and fellowship. They also feted me with cute gifts from Josephine's gift shop. It is one of my fav shops on Kosy's square! I feel exteremely blessed that these girls have "taken me under their wing". They have all been great!

The night of my b-day Jason grilled some fabulous steaks at home. He was in Jackson for work that day and was able to swing by Fresh Market and pick up the steaks and all the fixin's. Being the sweet husband he is, he cooked, cleaned and wouldn't let me lift a finger that day.

B-day's are even better when they continue on through the weekend. My parents came in town Friday afternoon. Since they had been in the car for 4 hrs and we both had a long week, we weren't up for driving to Jackson, so we went to the local BBQ joint, Frenchie's. For your Southern Living readers, this restaurant was featured in their April issue, along with the town of Kosciusko.

We had a great time spending time with them. After dinner we came back to the house and played some Rock Band (haha). Mom and I mastered the drums w/ the song "Every Rose Has Its Thorn", while Jason prefered Everclear's "Santa Monica". Dad chose to be a specator only :) My mom and I also love to play Scrabble and got 2 games in on Friday night and one on Saturday. Saturday morning I prepared brunch for everyone. I love brunch food!! Before my parents left Saturday we made a trip to River Bridge. This is a gas station/feed store/ boutique (only in Kosciusko). It is the only place I know where you can fill up your car with gas, buy lunch meat, tobacco, feed, $200 pair of designer jeans and cute clothes. Mom and I both found a cute pair of flip flops :) She still cant' believe I buy clothes in a gas station now (ha).

After my parents headed back for Bama, Jason and I headed down the Natchez Trace to finish up the b-day weekend. We both had a craving for pasta, so we chose to dine at Amerigo. We did a little shopping and made our last stop at Fresh Market where we loaded up on food for Sunday dinner and got a few goodies this week.

It was a great weekend, not just b/c it was my b-day, but I was able to spend it w/ family and friends!! It was also fun to get those happy b-day cards, vm's, texts and emails from those friends I dont' get to see as much as I'd like.

Hope 30 is as great as 29!!




1 comment:

  1. sounds like you had a fabulous birthday! wish i could have celebrated with you!! love the blog...

    ReplyDelete