Thursday, August 5, 2010

Weekend in Oxford (MS that is)....

Although I love my hometown of Oxford, AL, it is a world away from Oxford, MS. My first visit to Oxford/Ole Miss was in the 8th grade for an AU/Ole Miss football game. I immediately feel in love with the town!! I actually considered going to Ole Miss my junior year of high school, but my heart and allegiance led me to Auburn. I’ve been back to Ole Miss several times for football games, but have never had a chance to really enjoy the town and square. Some sweet friends of ours in Kosciusko invited us to their condo in Oxford for the weekend along with a few other couples. We had a grand time, despite the heat and did plenty of socializing, eating and shopping!!! I failed to take any pictures, but wanted to share some of my new favorite places in Oxford. I know many of my Bama friends come over for games and these places below are worth checking out:

SNACKBAR RESTAURANT

The food was soooo divine!! Try the Lobster Mac and Cheese if you go :) Sounds strange, but trust me you will love it! Prices are higher than your average restaurant, but well worth it!! The proprietors of City Grocery (another well known Oxford restaurant) also own Snack Bar.

LULU’s Boutique

This a new shoe store off of the square that recently opened. Awesome selection of flats and sandals!! Most shoes ranged from $25-$40. I bought some turquoise stoned sandals for $28 and I think I saw the same similar pair at Belk for around $70.

BROOKS COLLECTION JEWELRY

Okay, my David Yurman loving friends…. If you want to save your husband some a little bit of $$ on your next DY purchase…..try this store first. They are not an Authorized DY dealer, but they guarantee authenticity. You can save anywhere from $50-$75 off on any given piece of jewelry.

I’M ALREADY LOOKING FORWARD TO THE AU/OLE MISS GAME OCTOBER 30TH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment