Friday, August 13, 2010

Making the News in MS

Most people want their name or picture in the newspaper for good reasons. When my name has appeared in the paper it was for my wedding, engagement, school accomplishments, community service, etc. Well.... I never dreamed I would make the news for lying on the ground in the red dirt with my husband putting a diaper on me. Yes, that is how I made my debut on http://www.breezynews.com/ (the local 24 hr. online news site for Kosciusko) I do have a good explanation..... I'll explain below.


Jason and I took part in the Corporate Sports Challenge as part of the M&F Bank team, which takes place during the Central MS Fair in Kosciusko. One of the races was the Baby Relay Race, which consisted of running, placing a diaper on your teammate, picking them up and running back to the finish line. What looks like hugh welps on my legs was actually red dirt. See, this event was held at the local "Riding Arena". Doesn't every town have a local "Riding Arena" (haha)?? We didn't do too well in this event, but our team did finish 2nd overall. Jason said the caption should say "Here is the new girl in town, Gena Pope, and she loves to wear diapers". Bless my heart...maybe my next picture will be more attractive or at least a more attractive pose.



1 comment:

  1. Classic. Thats all I can say....
    Haha! I love it. Glad your fitting right in. :)
    Amanda Jones

    ReplyDelete